:: musings of a misfit ::: poetry and airplanes.
Monday, March 13, 2006
poetry and airplanes.
this is a post of gratitude. Nothing revelationary. Just to say thanks for the simple things.

I was having coffee the other afternoon and took a seat next to these two guys. Being so near them I could overhear their conversation. One guy was an asian foreigner. Could barely speak straight english but seemed to understand the other filipino as he tried to put asian guy at ease. They were studying. Basically the filipino guy was trying to help the other...with so much patience and a bright demeanor. It was a warm thought. To know that people go out of their way to help another without requiring anything in return. it reminded me of how good intentions is its best reward.

Yesterday I was not having one of my best days but it turned over...even just for a few hours. I texted Norby if they were free during the afternoon...and they immediately made plans to drive down from the South to meet me in Market Market. We spent the usual relaxing mall afternoon. Got some of my errands done. Browsed through the music store, gadgets store, bought cd's, enjoyed dippin' dots (as is our practice whenever we're in that mall) and of course, ended up eating in the outdoor foodcourt. The usual banter and kwentos just left me gagging in my own laughter. We then checked out Beers Paradise for a bit of happy hour which was just...awesome! I met the owner and he gave me a taste of the St. Louis Cherry beer since I couldn't make up my mind. There were like close to a 100 beers in their menu! and not a single food item. But even the little bowl of bar nuts was spicy-yummy. I ended up with the Coke Beer which was also really really good. Since we were four people, who ordered different kinds - we got tastes of all our orders. Think i like Frank's order called the Kwak. And you even get to bring the bottles home. As i was lounging on the cushy sofa, I felt so at ease. No thoughts in my head. Nothing. It reminded me of why I have a lot of guy friends. Not in any direct negative contrast to my female friends but when i'm with the guys, they can make you forget. You vent once and then that's it. As if you can just let it go. Life is too short anyway. I also feel grateful for text messages from topsy and marc who sent me taunting, hilarious reassurance. Nothing makes you feel better like a good laugh.

After several years of being with my most protective and trustworthy friends, I feel so safe as long as I'm with them. I also thought that it's because of them that i've rediscovered my lambing side. I've never really been expressive when it came to friends or other people. I'm more closed and guarded. But the overtone boys, along with chris and debbie have helped me find the affection i've long closed off to the world. They've helped me grow.

Couldn't get a decent sleep so i've started writing my latest book review on the daredevil books i've been consuming lately. Maybe i can get it published by next month. So many suggestions from Jolly and JB that i think i won't run out of reading material for the next few months. hehe. so cool. i love being a geek heehee.

my new favorite song...
poetry and airplanes by teitur
posted by maldita @ 2:14 PM  
 
 

she had eyes like two turntables mix(h)er in between my dreams and reality blend in ancient themes the bas(e)is of isis cross-faded to ankh the beat drops like a cliff over looking my heart - Saul Williams


MOOD METER
    today i'm feeling...The current mood of mescueta at www.imood.com
STATS
SNAP HAPPY
BLOGS & LOGS
LADY LINK
PREVIOUS POSTS
Archives
THANKS...

Powered by Blogger

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com 15n41n1