:: musings of a misfit ::
Sunday, November 16, 2003
One summer night
We ran away for a while
Laughing, we hurried beneath the sky
To an obscure place to hide
That no one could find

And we drifted to another state of mind
And imagined I was yours and you were mine
As we lay upon the grass there in the dark
(Young love) underneath the stars…

Weak in the knees
Wrapped in the warm gentle breeze
So shy, a bundle of butterflies
Flush with the heat of desire
On a natural high

As we drifted to another place in time
And the feeling was so heady and sublime
As I lost my heart to you
There in the dark
Underneath the stars

Beautiful and bittersweetly
You were fading into me
And I was gently fading into you
But the time went sailing by
Reluctantly we said goodbye
And left our secret places so far behind
And I lay in bed all night and I was drifting, drifting

And I was yours
And you were my own
My own baby

- “Underneath the stars” by Mariah Carey


Last Friday was surreal. So much happened. I can hardly remember much in my inebriated AND enamored state. Once you arrived everyone else in the room seemed so blurry. I only had eyes for you. And as we looked into each other’s eyes, sitting at that table, I could just feel my knees melt. And I said something I thought I would never do. I told you that if you waited a few more months I would leave with you. I meant every word. I can’t seem to remember what you said but I recall the tight hug and the kiss on my forehead. The thought of you leaving once seemed so near, now it seems so far away.

Debbie said she really thought we look good together. And she thinks it’s great when you make the effort to meet up with me wherever I am. I know I’m the last person you see and talk to before you go home to sleep.

After waking up at around 2pm last Saturday, I went straight to AIM to meet up with Aris to finish our CIE project. The last thing I expected was that you would call me, but it really made my day. A smile plastered on my face the rest of the evening until I went home. This is what I was telling you about being in love. You don’t need to see the person, just the thought of them is enough to make you happy. A “natural high”. And the thought of you makes me full of the giddy feeling. I didn’t get to see you, actually someone else visited me that night but it was ok. You were the last person I talked to, and said goodnight.

Sometimes I wonder…if you already know about this blog of mine. I never told you but you might have found it yourself. Hmmm…this always crosses my mind every time you jokingly call yourself a “bastard”.

posted by maldita @ 7:56 PM  
 
 

she had eyes like two turntables mix(h)er in between my dreams and reality blend in ancient themes the bas(e)is of isis cross-faded to ankh the beat drops like a cliff over looking my heart - Saul Williams


MOOD METER
    today i'm feeling...The current mood of mescueta at www.imood.com
STATS
SNAP HAPPY
BLOGS & LOGS
LADY LINK
PREVIOUS POSTS
Archives
THANKS...

Powered by Blogger

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com 15n41n1