:: musings of a misfit ::
Saturday, November 15, 2003
since blogger was down last thursday, here's my entry for that date:


what is happening to my country?
Last night I had just come from a sales field trip with some guys from URC for my sales force management class. We were being detoured out of Paseo de Roxas because of the rally. It took us another 40+ minutes to get to AIM which was supposedly 5minutes away from detour point. When I got picked up by my driver to go home, we avoided it all by passing Edsa highway and through Rockwell. I had about an hour to get ready for my dinner with marc, frances and victor. Originally planned for Italliannis we settled for Cibo in Rockwell to avoid the traffic. By then there were already tons of stories coming from other friends about what happened in Makati. Some, who just wanted to catch a cab or a bus home from work in Philam had to go rushing back inside because the tear gas was still in the air.

I am one of the lucky few who have it good. My life is set up wherein I can actually avoid having to face these incidents simply by taking a different route with my car. Others have to be innocent bystanders with their eyes getting burned. Even more unfortunate are those who are in the middle of it all, who probably needed the money and were paid to rally in the streets and get the full brunt of the police force.

It’s all really sad.
posted by maldita @ 3:40 AM  
 
 

she had eyes like two turntables mix(h)er in between my dreams and reality blend in ancient themes the bas(e)is of isis cross-faded to ankh the beat drops like a cliff over looking my heart - Saul Williams


MOOD METER
    today i'm feeling...The current mood of mescueta at www.imood.com
STATS
SNAP HAPPY
BLOGS & LOGS
LADY LINK
PREVIOUS POSTS
Archives
THANKS...

Powered by Blogger

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com 15n41n1