:: musings of a misfit ::: call and answer.
Friday, June 16, 2006
call and answer.
It’s fairly easy to be with someone when they’re at their best time…but the true test of your love and loyalty is when you still manage to hang in there and stay when they’re at their worst.

Common cliché but it’s something to keep in mind when things become difficult and the temptation to throw in the towel is like a big bowl of relief cereal. It’s impossible to avoid problems. Especially those that are out of your control. And there are a million things in this world that are out of our power. Makes you feel small and insignificant. Like what you do doesn’t really make a dent in the grand scheme of things. It can really suppress your perspective.

I was about to send a message sometime this week, to a friend who was just getting caught up in so many of those trying situations. Maybe you can’t find a decent job. Maybe your home life is falling apart. Maybe your relationship is getting too caught up in the little arguments. Maybe the lightness of your wallet is just getting too heavy for you. For whatever reason, not everything happens at once. You may be experiencing only one predicament at a time but all the others just follow for one reason only, you’re letting the first create a domino effect. Example, you lost your job so you are in a bad mood. You start snapping at your wife. She leaves. Your savings start to dwindle because you’re staying at home moping all the time. You get the picture. So the one uncontrollable problem just got the better of you. You lost everything else. And the only one to blame is you.

I drove home today with a very heavy mood. I found myself in a certain daze that it was amazing I got home in one piece. Then as I was driving past the intersection of Ayala and Edsa, this sampaguita vendor, a little kid came up to me. Initially I didn’t want to give anything…not because I didn’t want to but my stupid relatively insignificant problem made me feel selfish and uncaring of anything else. But then when I shrugged him off, I got a glimpse of his face and he had a really genuine smile. Not begging at all but he really looked happy to be going from car to car asking to buy his wares. It made me think about how so many people have such worse lives and yet they find more reasons to smile like that. And he was only a child who should have been playing in a park somewhere with friends. When I bought his sampaguita, he was just as jolly as can be and excitedly went on to the next car. It’s like he made it a game to enjoy…I guess he doesn’t get bogged down by silly trivialities. A trait I wish I could say I had.

I think it's getting to the point where I can be myself again.
It's getting to the point where we have almost made amends.
I think its' the getting to the point that's the hardest part

If you call I will answer
and if you fall I will pick you up
and if you court this disaster I"ll point you home
I'll point you home
You think I only think about you when we're both in the same room
I 'm only here to witness the remains of loving you
You think we're here to play a game of who loves more than who

call and answer by barenaked ladies
posted by maldita @ 8:29 AM  
 
 

she had eyes like two turntables mix(h)er in between my dreams and reality blend in ancient themes the bas(e)is of isis cross-faded to ankh the beat drops like a cliff over looking my heart - Saul Williams


MOOD METER
    today i'm feeling...The current mood of mescueta at www.imood.com
STATS
SNAP HAPPY
BLOGS & LOGS
LADY LINK
PREVIOUS POSTS
Archives
THANKS...

Powered by Blogger

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com 15n41n1