:: musings of a misfit ::: you make me...
Tuesday, May 16, 2006
you make me...
for a brief moment, we enjoyed the rain. It was good while it lasted. Although now we're back into the gruelling heat of the summer.

I really liked the short period of precipitation. It's a double edged sword though. It can bring thoughts of melancholy loneliness or romantic inclinations. But on one of those rare days I wondered why I felt nostalgic on days like these. And then it hit me...rain used to mean that the schoolyear had started.

Don't you remember? when we had to get ready for our first day of school. Rainy days in June. Part of our uniforms were the raincoats and umbrellas. We woke up early and splashed on the puddles. You see janitors mopping up our messes as we walked up those stairways to new sections, homework and study study study.

So that cold weather, the wet wading brings me back to semi-sweet times. It reminds me of new beginnings. First day of school. Mom would wake up early to prepare my lunch. I would be forced to finish my ever-despised glass of milk in the morning. Dad would drive us to school. Back then we had still lived in the south so it took us about 30 minutes to get to CSA. (then again that didn't change even when we moved to Makati since traffic here would immobilize you for 30 minutes as well). But i liked the new crisp school uniform, new shoes, and my ever favorite - pristine school supplies! When you got to class you would find yourself with a new rotation of classmates. A chance to make new friends and lunch buddies. For some of us romantics, it brought a chance to find new crushes, suitors and focus of amorous fantasies.

All in all, rain was a symbol of new beginnings. And the ever-resounding boost: this time it will be better.

you make me by Monday Michiru
posted by maldita @ 8:26 PM  
 
 

she had eyes like two turntables mix(h)er in between my dreams and reality blend in ancient themes the bas(e)is of isis cross-faded to ankh the beat drops like a cliff over looking my heart - Saul Williams


MOOD METER
    today i'm feeling...The current mood of mescueta at www.imood.com
STATS
SNAP HAPPY
BLOGS & LOGS
LADY LINK
PREVIOUS POSTS
Archives
THANKS...

Powered by Blogger

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com 15n41n1