:: musings of a misfit ::: sick cycle carousel
Wednesday, February 01, 2006
sick cycle carousel
it isn't easy being single. no one ever said it would be. I told this piece of thought to a girl I just met last night who asked me for my opinion regarding her boyfriend. She was contemplating whether or not she should stick it out or not. Owing to the fact that I had just met her a few hours ago and met her boyfriend for about only 5 minutes, I just said that if you're not happy and you're asking strangers for advice then maybe it's a brick-house-falling-on-your-head kind of sign. To which i followed up with the opening sentence I made above and closed with: there's something worse than being single and that's wasting your time with the wrong person.

my evening yesterday was filled with a lot of inner monologue. Like when i was watching my best friend and her boyfriend sharing a salad. Or the time when I was receiving advice as to why my lovelife has stalled and presented with the rationale that my friend/s might be the ones cramping my style. All this ended in a solo sobfest for reasons unknown.

And then between trying to find my sensitivity analysis and becoming a complete wreck of a woman...today i had about ten minutes of perfect "thwoks" at the tennis courts. i called my friend who picked up the phone and listened to me ramble on even if she was spending quality time with her boyfriend. another friend took the time from her busy schedule to inquire and sympathize. my dad actually asked to talk to me about thrice in one night and gave me a shirt he got that said "Queen of Rock". It's a friend telling you as he's leaving the bar and saying goodbye - oh. and don't worry, it will happen for you. I was surprised and just a little bit relieved that someone believed it for me. It's little hints of concern and comfort that make you stop to think what were you crying about in the first place?! It doesn't cure your ailment. It doesn't make the pain die. But it helps.

No one hates being in the cycle more than me. I wish i knew how to get off it.

sick cycle carousel by lifehouse
posted by maldita @ 6:10 AM  
 
 

she had eyes like two turntables mix(h)er in between my dreams and reality blend in ancient themes the bas(e)is of isis cross-faded to ankh the beat drops like a cliff over looking my heart - Saul Williams


MOOD METER
    today i'm feeling...The current mood of mescueta at www.imood.com
STATS
SNAP HAPPY
BLOGS & LOGS
LADY LINK
PREVIOUS POSTS
Archives
THANKS...

Powered by Blogger

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com 15n41n1