:: musings of a misfit ::: my sundown
Wednesday, January 25, 2006
my sundown
i read somewhere that if you lack sleep, it's the same as being legally drunk. In another article they also said that the sun has an effect on your mood and energy.

The other day i only had two hours of sleep. I functioned properly during the day as if nothing happened. But around the time I had finished dinner, I was as conscious as a drunk who had downed more than ten jack cokes. I collapsed. in bed. with my laptop on resting on my tummy. while reading an email. I woke up a few hours later and groggily placed the laptop in a safer place. It's a good thing i barely moved while asleep. And the next day, as I opened my yahoo and gmail, I noticed that there were emails i was reading in my sleep. It seems so ridiculous but true. About ten of them.

I suppose it really isn't a healthy way to live. jobless or not. To only be awake and conscious during the evening, dancing and singing the night away with friends. I'm glad that i am consciously making the effort to change that bad habit - except for insomnia ridden nights where only a sleeping pill can help me. I mean, it's ok to go out and have fun a few nights a week but I also know that i need the next day to recuperate and then I have to go back to living and waking for the sunrays and bright light.

i don't really care to find out where the blame lies in this forsaken sleep. I just want to heal it like one of my many afflictions. Whoever stole my heart and left me without slumber for the past year or two is most likely gone anyway and thus, no closure or contemplation solves the predicament. It's just a habit that needs to be dealt with like any other.

I see it around me, I see it in everything.
I could be so much more than this.
With one hand high, you'll show them your progress.
You'll take your time, but no one cares.
I need you to show me the way from crazy.
I wanna be so much more than this.
Good Goodbye, lovely time
Good Goodbye, tinsel shine
Good Goodbye, I'll be fine
Good Goodbye, good goodnight.

my sundown by jimmy eat world
posted by maldita @ 7:25 PM  
 
 

she had eyes like two turntables mix(h)er in between my dreams and reality blend in ancient themes the bas(e)is of isis cross-faded to ankh the beat drops like a cliff over looking my heart - Saul Williams


MOOD METER
    today i'm feeling...The current mood of mescueta at www.imood.com
STATS
SNAP HAPPY
BLOGS & LOGS
LADY LINK
PREVIOUS POSTS
Archives
THANKS...

Powered by Blogger

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com 15n41n1