:: musings of a misfit ::: don't you (forget about me).
Friday, January 27, 2006
don't you (forget about me).
there are so many reasons for me to stay in or stay away from the whole scene. Last night i had to face several other fresh assholes who couldn't take no for an answer. One such jerk who i knew from college said he'd just kiss me goodbye before he left. so i was extending my cheek out and he put his face in front of mine. i pushed him away with a overpowering "what the hell is wrong with you???"...and walked away while he tried his best to persuade me - one of the worst attempts i had ever seen. Later on as i was standing by the stage for a sense of security near the boys, he grabbed my arm even with debbie blocking to try to get me to outside to talk. i said no...a resounding NO and every excuse on the planet. I said i didn't have anything to say to him. but that grip was getting stronger and tighter. Even when debbie told him to get lost. Then just as i was about to push him or hit him, he left. I'm usually a very independent person who can defend herself but lately i've been feeling a bit helpless and reserved about my emotions. I can't even flirt with a guy i find cute even with tons of encouragement from friends. That's how wacked out my guts have become. And then i spotted Miks and asked him to help keep that guy away. Smashed as he was he stayed by my side. Oh thank God! life saver. see Miks is a big guy and although he's a teddy bear, he has a strong stance. So asshole-of-the-night never even got close again. phew.

Just when I started to feel like shit because of guys like that sleazebag, others make me feel better again. Talked to anton and he told me about how our old group from my old job were going to the beach a week from now and they thought of me and my friends if we could join them. Flashback to the company outing where we didn't really feel like mingling with all our other colleagues so from the time the bus stopped, we all dropped our bags, started taking of our clothes to reveal our swimsuits and went straight for the water. someone's ring had gotten lost with all our diving and we spent about an hour looking through the surf for it. not an easy thing to do since the waves could have washed it away. And yet we did find it. amazing. and they never once made me feel uneasy having been at my fattest weight at the time. It's nice to feel comfortable being yourself.

Today i woke up to a text message. I had no idea who it was but sounded like they knew me. Turns out the guys from my block in DLSU had gotten together for a lunch out and missed me too. Only one of them had my number so they all finally had a way to get in touch. I found out that two of the guys got married. The one i hung out with the most, brian is still finishing law and just told me that he plays the drums now. Again flashback to our college days...we were all just kids. We would watch plays for school and then end up at brian's bayside restaurant singing karaoke by the moonlight. Or we'd go all the way to RK's house in BF where we'd gorge on ice cream or beer - never both - while poking fun at each other. It seemed pretty innocent then. We even had a play for one class, it was called Vita Periculosi. I forgot what that meant but it was about the reality of life. Kind of like a modern day Jose Rizal life story. I was the jilted girlfriend of Brian who played the lead and had to cry on stage. hahaha. Another time, we had a class from 6pm-9pm that got cancelled. We had 2 hours to kill and we hung out in the small basketball court near SJ bldg. then it started to rain and so we just started dancing there. Singing, laughing and dancing in the rain like lunatics. Other break times we would take one of their cars to escape to a billiard hall in taft ave. for a game of pool. Stuff ourselves with pizza, coke and chips. Ana and i are really looking forward to seeing them sometime next week. It's been more than 5 years since the last time we all got together because once we started majoring, we all kind of went our separate ways. We still had the same "tambayan" but we'd just bump into each other for a few minutes before running off to our classes. It's nice to be remembered though. Fondly. They even still remember my blueberry cheesecake and oatmeal cookie classics! awww.

Last night was Yaku's final thursday as it finally closes its doors. Although there were rumours and jokes going around that it might have another month, but that's another story. Debbie and I were there to support the boys who made yaku thursdays a good habit to have. And also because our friendship wouldn't be what it is now if it hadn't started that thursday night when i first went to yaku to meet up with her. We hung out with sila francis in the long table by the wall. No band playing yet but we were all just talking and drinking the night away. Debbie and I have been inseparable ever since. It has then developed into the support system for Overtone. It's very hard to describe but with the friendship that Debbie, Cris and I have had for years...it seemed to have gotten even better with the inclusion of Frank, Norby and Jay. And that's the truth. I never want to be called a groupie (unless you want to suffer my wrath) because i would rather be considered a friend. I told them before that they always make us happy to which one of the boys replied: and you make us happy too. That's what we do. True that. It's something that should never be forgotten. It's just so sad that we won't have Yaku anymore.


don't you (forget about me) by simple minds
posted by maldita @ 12:18 AM  
 
 

she had eyes like two turntables mix(h)er in between my dreams and reality blend in ancient themes the bas(e)is of isis cross-faded to ankh the beat drops like a cliff over looking my heart - Saul Williams


MOOD METER
    today i'm feeling...The current mood of mescueta at www.imood.com
STATS
SNAP HAPPY
BLOGS & LOGS
LADY LINK
PREVIOUS POSTS
Archives
THANKS...

Powered by Blogger

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com 15n41n1