:: musings of a misfit ::: we believe.
Thursday, January 12, 2006
we believe.
good luck on friday the 13th...

Quote:
Engineers and architects go to great lengths to soothe our superstition. Skyscrapers and hotels have no 13th floor; airplanes have no 13th aisle. But the joke is on triskaidekaphobics, of course, since the 13th aisle is sitting right there behind the 12th, obviously -- it's just labeled as 14 to hoodwink you into relaxing.

My dad is a funny man. remember when final exams in school (i was in the fourth grade or something) would obviously end on a friday, one such time ended on friday the 13th and while all my friends wanted to go out in the afternoon after the morning tests had come and gone, my dad wouldn't let me go out. and he doesn't want to be termed as superstitious. he could have just been looking for an excuse to make me stay home but it's still funny how we are ruled by what we believe in and not what could be real.

i always read my horoscope. almost everyday. sometimes it rings true and sometimes it doesn't. some people call me unreligious for even considering what these signs tell me but i don't believe them. i don't think God would condemn you for believing in horoscopes or the supernatural. it's still a part of this world and does not really do much harm. it's people who inflict harm on others. physical or emotional.

last night i went to bed at around 10pm. pretty early for an insomniac like me. i was supposed to take sleeping pills just so i wouldn't have such a difficult time. it's all really psychological. and i woke up automatically at 6am. my average sleep time is usually 6 six hours. close enough. and i hope this is a good habit to start. going out every night and staying in capones till late prohibits my system from adjusting into a clock that would be approved by a job. i feel better today - lots of time to get tasks done. i still haven't decided if i want to go out tonight. and just when daddy can't make it as an excuse anymore. it's nice to make my own decisions.

somehow it seems more attractive to stay home, order pizza and watch dvd's with my brother. I still have the complete second season of Coupling to watch. Jack Davenport is an adorable, stuttering pile of hilarity. a good laugh is all i need.

we believe by good charlotte
posted by maldita @ 8:16 PM  
 
 

she had eyes like two turntables mix(h)er in between my dreams and reality blend in ancient themes the bas(e)is of isis cross-faded to ankh the beat drops like a cliff over looking my heart - Saul Williams


MOOD METER
    today i'm feeling...The current mood of mescueta at www.imood.com
STATS
SNAP HAPPY
BLOGS & LOGS
LADY LINK
PREVIOUS POSTS
Archives
THANKS...

Powered by Blogger

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com 15n41n1