:: musings of a misfit ::: karma killer.
Saturday, January 14, 2006
karma killer.
if i was a superhero, i might be gadget geek girl.

two weeks ago, i felt really awful. Someone had stolen my digital camera from my bag. I've had it since 2003 and it was the first digital camera i bought. i think i cried for an hour about it - running to a, n, e, and m for sympathy and comfort. i'm sure tons of you may think that it could be a tad too much to cry over a thing but you have to understand how long it took me to find that particular cam, with that particular color and how i never gave up on it's 2megapixel ass even when all these 5megapix ones started coming out. it's got so much sentimental value, you can't imagine. and i didn't let it go, someone took it from me. from my bag. in the middle of a pile of other bags. in capones. sucks like shit.

so stupid. i took SO many pictures the night it was stolen because that's when martin suprised us all...and now i have no pixies of him during his short visit here. whoever that bitch (i have SUCH a gut feel it's a girl) is has pics of me and my friends at her disposal. sigh again. i believe in karma but as my brother said, it would be even better to personally deliver that karma.

i find solace in the thought that i know exactly what my first salary is going to. but it's difficult when i see several instances and events which i want to capture. sigh. i try not to think about it often.

i also haven't had a working printer in about 2 months. my 3 year old epson has broken down and i've tried everything. it's completely hopeless. to have it repaired would cost as much as a new printer so i went out and bought one instead:


So far it has been pretty great. standard printing looks like a high quality setting in others and the camera shots are even better. (time to buy photo paper again?) some people have asked if it's the "toaster" one...yep, doesn't it look like bread could pop up at any moment? it takes up less legroom than my old epson and is tucked neatly in the little corner of my desk. it's also USB so i don't have that huge bulky parallel cable and the power cables are also smaller, thus taking up less space.

I was shopping around for this for several days so i just have to mention the price - in almost all the shops it cost 2295 but there's hardly any stock. but i found about 6 units in Octagon in Park Square 1 and they were selling it for 2k. It must be the first time that Octagon has sold something cheaper than in other outlets. As soon as i got home my mom found out how much i got it and now she wants one of her own.

Well, so far i've used it for my files on job applications and hopefully it gives me some luck too. I have to forsake some of my organizing tasks because i need a camera for it (i have a catalog of all my bag and shoes. Shoeboxes are also labeled with a pic of its contents) I'm also preparing for some projects that will hopefully fill my days with more than coffee, cigarettes and alcohol. i can't tell you how bored i am every single day now. it's driving me nuts!

when a baby cries because he/she lost its toy what do you do? give it a new one! and he/she instantly stops crying for the old one. not forgotten but distracted. hehe.

karma killer by robbie williams
posted by maldita @ 7:53 AM  
 
 

she had eyes like two turntables mix(h)er in between my dreams and reality blend in ancient themes the bas(e)is of isis cross-faded to ankh the beat drops like a cliff over looking my heart - Saul Williams


MOOD METER
    today i'm feeling...The current mood of mescueta at www.imood.com
STATS
SNAP HAPPY
BLOGS & LOGS
LADY LINK
PREVIOUS POSTS
Archives
THANKS...

Powered by Blogger

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com 15n41n1