:: musings of a misfit ::: afterglow.
Monday, December 26, 2005
afterglow.
i hate being a procrastinator but i have to finally accept that i am. I am not OC...i'm just anal retentive. (i had to determine the right term to describe my compulsion to organize since just about everyone and their mother are self-professed OC freaks).

for the purpose of discussion and separation:
obsessive-compulsive personality - personality characterized by a strong need to repeat certain acts or rituals
anal retentive personality - (psychoanalysis) a personality characterized by meticulous neatness and suspicion and reserve; said to be formed in early childhood by fixation during the anal stage of development (usually as a consequence of toilet training)


so here i am, sitting on the floor with my laptop after wrapping the last of my gifts. I know it's the day after christmas but yeah, i didn't complete tying that last ribbon until this minute. The last batch were actually little candy bags for the waiters/security guards/bantays in capones. yes, i know it's not halloween but a little something is better than nothing. I just wanted them to know i appreciate the fact that they take care of me when i'm either walking like a puppet without her leg strings or i'm splattered on the street due to seven (or ten) rum cokes.

and i'm almost packed. had started putting in the random sweaters and jackets i'm bringing to HK in anticipation for the cold weather. i'm also looking forward to seeing the holiday-packers who'll be freezing their asses off with me there. for the first time though, i'm bringing only one pair of shoes. my trusty adidas sneakers. this is why i love adidas - their stuff doesn't break down after a year, not like another shoe brand i don't really want to mention. These shoes have gone to hell and back with me. During the most walk-worthy trips, it has survived intense muck, mud and mush. and it still doesn't look more than a year old. I'm only bringing one pair because i intend to buy a new pair of sneaks, adidas or pumas.

here's a question...do i bring shades to hk? hmm...i'm not sure i'm going to see much of the sun there. or it wouldn't be that bright in any case. i'm definitely bringing my trusty baby payong though. it fits in my messenger bag and i always get caught in the rain while walking around.

i'm really excited to leave for a bit of detachment and separation. not that i have anything to run away from here. it just gives me an excuse to let go of demands and responsibilities for a few days. i've actually been in one of my better dispositions during the christmas week, especially after that depressing slump i had after my birthday. i think all the reunions with friends that were planned (not by me) for the holidays really helped me remember that i AM a lucky duck. quack quack!

by the way, i think the best song on the new INXS album is the one written by their new vocalist, JD Fortune called Pretty Vegas. I guess they needed him more than he needed them. hehe.

afterglow by inxs
posted by maldita @ 6:39 AM  
 
 

she had eyes like two turntables mix(h)er in between my dreams and reality blend in ancient themes the bas(e)is of isis cross-faded to ankh the beat drops like a cliff over looking my heart - Saul Williams


MOOD METER
    today i'm feeling...The current mood of mescueta at www.imood.com
STATS
SNAP HAPPY
BLOGS & LOGS
LADY LINK
PREVIOUS POSTS
Archives
THANKS...

Powered by Blogger

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com 15n41n1