:: musings of a misfit ::: What could be worse than the total agony of being in love?
Tuesday, July 26, 2005
What could be worse than the total agony of being in love?
This line comes from the movie Love Actually. Sam, the little boy in love says it to his father, played by Liam Neeson.

It’s true when you think about it. The risks are always brought up at the onset of a fascination. It was so bad at one point that I asked God to eradicate every man in my future whose only intention was to take me for a ride only to tell me eventually that the ride is over. And so the frost began. No dates. No interludes – not even a whimper of flirtation. My prayers were answered.

In hindsight, it was all a conscious effort on my part not to waste my precious time. I then threw myself into work like fire to gas. And as we all know, this led to my current third degree burns.

I haven’t yet began to pick up the pieces when I met my Beta Boy. I’m still in the first stages of recuperation from that other disappointment…and so I find myself being stricken with disbelief at the laughter and comfort he brings me.

But the heart and mind have a way of working things out. The mind devises a plan and the heart waits.

I think it’s sad for me to admit that I’ve developed a hard shell. Just when this endearing man has welcomed me into his life and affections. But I’m slowly giving in to the possibilities and these giddy giggles he’s ingrained into the pit of tummy. As cliché as it sounds, If only I could elucidate the bliss I am in from the time I wake up, through the course of the day and until the final thoughts of the night.

to reiterate quotes from Garden State:
Sam: If you can't laugh at yourself, life's gonna seem a whole lot longer than you like.
Andrew: We may not be as happy as you always dreamed we would be, but, for for the first time let's just allow ourselves to be whatever it is that we are.
posted by maldita @ 8:10 AM  
 
 

she had eyes like two turntables mix(h)er in between my dreams and reality blend in ancient themes the bas(e)is of isis cross-faded to ankh the beat drops like a cliff over looking my heart - Saul Williams


MOOD METER
    today i'm feeling...The current mood of mescueta at www.imood.com
STATS
SNAP HAPPY
BLOGS & LOGS
LADY LINK
PREVIOUS POSTS
Archives
THANKS...

Powered by Blogger

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com 15n41n1