:: musings of a misfit ::
Monday, December 22, 2003
What a nice serene Monday. I spent the afternoon browsing in Powerbooks in Greenbelt. I bought Bodega Dreams by Ernesto Quinonez. I only made my decision among the many paperbacks calling out to me because I was struck by a paragraph about being happy with the company of oneself. And of course the topic of Spanish harlem was intriguing. I was actually just waiting to meet up with my friend JV for a cuppa joe and overdue conversation. Figaro being the most conjusive, we spent the next few hours pouring over our blissful Christmas this year. See, he just got together with my other friend, Trika. And they are just perfect for each other. Me? I’d rather not talk about it with the blogger public for the moment…and privately revel in my personal delight :) don’t worry, pretty soon the overwhelming elation will bring me to a loquacious level.

We talked of how fate plays its hand. For a former control freak, I have only begun to appreciate the freedom and liberation that spontaneity brings. We don’t know what’s going to happen in the future and no amount of preparation can accurately hit the bulls-eye. But we can enjoy the ride. Too much time is spent worrying and coordinating certain events to happen when you want it to, and yet the best pleasantries happen in the setting of a surprise. If you think you’ve done your part in making this world better, then sit back and be prepared for the world to give it back to you. The butterflies in my tummy have rid me of any need to eat or sleep but they remind me of how my mind wanders free to speak of serendipity and the Taoist notion that everything is part of a paramount plan.

But bear in mind that your ingredient in all this is the choices you make. Sometimes the universe can lead you towards a certain route but you prefer to be stuck in oblivion. That is a choice. Last night I spoke to a friend about the existence of a certain “glitch”…though it doesn’t have to be a negative blip in the chart. It could be the ironic flaw that makes things more interesting and ideal…just provide the positive perspective. …And the guts to jump in and enjoy the leap of faith.
posted by maldita @ 4:04 AM  
 
 

she had eyes like two turntables mix(h)er in between my dreams and reality blend in ancient themes the bas(e)is of isis cross-faded to ankh the beat drops like a cliff over looking my heart - Saul Williams


MOOD METER
    today i'm feeling...The current mood of mescueta at www.imood.com
STATS
SNAP HAPPY
BLOGS & LOGS
LADY LINK
PREVIOUS POSTS
Archives
THANKS...

Powered by Blogger

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com 15n41n1