:: musings of a misfit ::
Wednesday, December 17, 2003
i have not slept a wink. Henry Fool and I had dinner last night in one of the most beautiful poolside areas i've seen. Thanks to neva’s sweet invitation. With the wind blowing a slight current, it was a limpid pool within an art deco fantasy with just the sky to surround you. Plus i got to see neva, ramon, paula, alia, lia, quark and chris after a long absence.

Then went to Capones so that we could meet henryfool's battalion of cousins. We likened the experience to what his family calls "the circle of death" but i found it actually endearing and it was a amusing to answer all their questions and share their stories. There was the couple awaiting the birth of their baby in three months, the other just-married couple returning from their honeymoon, another cousin who I found out I had common friends with, and a pair of sisters who were visiting manila from japan and L.A. respectively. Everyone except the expecting mother of course, had enough to drink and were enamored by the setting of Capones and the band’s music. Even all the picture taking was not enough to make me feel uncomfortable. I felt like I was sharing a part of their kin’s habits, nuances and glee.

A few hours later they dropped us off in Yaku to meet up with Debbie and being used to the scene in Capones, he kinda got jolted out of his comfort zone. As soon as the crowd dispersed, we spent the next three hours in my house talking about topics that would usually not exist in a normal conversation. Speak of social and internal progression, decisions in life, trivial pursuits and familial relations. In a span of a hundred and eighty minutes, the banter evolution reached a point that is usually contained in a few months’ relationship with anyone else. Maybe it was the fact that we were pressed for time and we wanted to make every second have as much significance as possible. I must admit it was pretty sweet to watch the exquisite pink sun rise with someone in my garden besides my laptop when I’m busy finishing a report or presentation. But for whatever reason it may be, I got to start my day with an unrelenting smile that my friends said they haven’t seen me had in a VERY long time.

He left at 10am today. And I am left with his Christmas gift that has an ironic mix of regrets of departure and gratitude for serendipitous events. Remembering a previous blog entry,” I can speak of transitory affairs that have been replete with fervor and intensity amidst its fleeting reality.”

I have the satisfaction of meeting people that add to the intensity of my life experiences. And if others have not realized it yet, it is found in stimulating conversation and comfortable silences. Intensity is when you dance with the beats of the minds and souls of others intertwined with your own.
posted by maldita @ 7:48 PM  
 
 

she had eyes like two turntables mix(h)er in between my dreams and reality blend in ancient themes the bas(e)is of isis cross-faded to ankh the beat drops like a cliff over looking my heart - Saul Williams


MOOD METER
    today i'm feeling...The current mood of mescueta at www.imood.com
STATS
SNAP HAPPY
BLOGS & LOGS
LADY LINK
PREVIOUS POSTS
Archives
THANKS...

Powered by Blogger

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com 15n41n1