:: musings of a misfit ::: listen to the rain
Thursday, August 11, 2005
listen to the rain
The rain has not stopped pouring the whole day. Since I was on the road for most of the day doing errands, going to an interview and whatnot, I haven't had much time to return messages or phone calls. And as soon as I got home, I just fell asleep. Darnit. Missed Family Guy again but was able to catch The Apprentice and Desperate Housewives over dinner leftovers. (I put the link of Apprentice Season 2 because some of you might not want to see Season 3's winner just yet)

Then I went to catch up with all the messages...rain really has an effect on people's psyche. As far as I can tell, i think it's the fact that no one leaves the house to avoid any of the flu-ingested drops...and that leads to some alone time...that leads to too much thought...and dissatisfaction.

So instead of the flu, some are stricken with loneliness, inadequacy-with-income issues, love troubles or just the lack thereof. Sigh. Like the worst kind of cabin fever.

I'm here outside in the patio having my cigarette when dad comes out and says - "I really like the rain. It's so relaxing. and the weather is great." And you know what? that's true! it's very relaxing. I get to wear all my favorite coats and sweaters again. I personally like the convenient excuse to stay in bed all day. I just mellow out in my little chair, nursing a warm cuppa joe and a good book. I'm not really sad at all.

At least I'm in a good frame of mind to help everyone else get out of their doldrums.

Listen to each drop of rain
Whispering secrets in rain
Magically searching for someone to hear
That story be more than it hides
Please don't let go
Can't we stay for a while
It's just too hard to say goodbye
Listen to the rain

listen to the rain
Weeping

I stand alone in the storm
Suddenly sweet words they know
Hurry they say for you haven't much time
Open your eyes to the love around you
You may feel you're alone
But I'm here still with you
You can do what you dream
Just remember to listen to the rain

Listen

- Listen to the Rain by Evanescence
posted by maldita @ 8:42 AM  
 
 

she had eyes like two turntables mix(h)er in between my dreams and reality blend in ancient themes the bas(e)is of isis cross-faded to ankh the beat drops like a cliff over looking my heart - Saul Williams


MOOD METER
    today i'm feeling...The current mood of mescueta at www.imood.com
STATS
SNAP HAPPY
BLOGS & LOGS
LADY LINK
PREVIOUS POSTS
Archives
THANKS...

Powered by Blogger

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com 15n41n1