:: musings of a misfit ::: go the distance.
Tuesday, August 02, 2005
go the distance.
a good friend gave me her present sad story. guy meets girl. girl meets guy. guy has to leave in a few days to go home. girl feels sad. you've heard it all before. So i gave the most logical piece of advice - ever consider a long distance relationship?

I am probably one of the few rare advocators of long distance relationships. Why? because 1. you have your space - meaning you each have your own lives to lead. which brings me to 2. you miss each other all the time. it feels great. and with the wonders of the internet, you still have some means of communication on a daily basis. I've had two of these kinds and it was great. I still go to see my friends, family, had time alone - basically, i wasn't latched on to this other person for dear life. I had my own. and he just brought some added spark to it. a skip in my step. And when you guys finally have the time together? oh every minute is just worth it.

of course there are several points that others bring up to contest my thoughts. Such as, but isn't there a greater chance that he/she will cheat on you? well look, even if you're in the same city people still cheat. because they want to. and you can't watch them friggin twenty-four hours a day. talk about paranoia and obsession. Another case, won't it be easier to forget you? well the distance will be the testing point, won't it? if they give it up easily then it won't withstand the test of time, let alone something stressful like constant close proximity (marriage).

And the list goes on.

It could just beme. And my whole personal make up - i'm built for the distance seeing as i get stifled VERY easily. I've also seen a lot of LDR fall apart and I've seen them work out too. I've helped those who have a hard time by bringing up my points of defense and it has worked out well for them. But in all cases, both have to be into the commitment. not just one person. it doesn't work that way.
posted by maldita @ 10:55 PM  
 
 

she had eyes like two turntables mix(h)er in between my dreams and reality blend in ancient themes the bas(e)is of isis cross-faded to ankh the beat drops like a cliff over looking my heart - Saul Williams


MOOD METER
    today i'm feeling...The current mood of mescueta at www.imood.com
STATS
SNAP HAPPY
BLOGS & LOGS
LADY LINK
PREVIOUS POSTS
Archives
THANKS...

Powered by Blogger

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com 15n41n1