:: musings of a misfit ::: mindful - not 'meldific - men
Wednesday, July 28, 2004
mindful - not 'meldific - men
I have given up on my jewel cases. Goodbye clear plastic cubes that only amount to a lot of dust and the need for wooden storage towers. And even with all these space-saving Martha Stuart measures, I still have so much junk! Aaargh!

So tonight I watched Imelda with Victor and Frances in Rockwell. All I can say is, it was entertaining but not as much as Fahrenheit 9/11 that got me continuously rolling and aghast like a lunatic on both Ritalin and speed. I enjoyed the peek into her contemporary lavishness. Especially her depiction of Seven-Pillars-of-Something that she calculated into ten. Hmmm. Again another rationale for an improvement of our education system. At one time an AIM classmate proposed that ALL politicians should send their children to public schools. Wouldn’t that be a dream? Expect better infrastructure, instruction and cafeteria food.

I am still exhausted from Tuesday night. But it was worth it. The minute I saw debbie, cris and me all decked out for the night, I figured we’d have a blast. And will reiterate how proud I am that Frances stayed out on a work night! Woohoo! Congratulations to Atz and all the other guys of UNO magazine for a worthwhile social event to perk the midweek doldrums. Even if you ran out of drinks before the pumpkin dropped. Even got to bump into two darling dolls – Denise and Cecile - Surprise, surprise! will see each of you again soon, fer sure.

I will also give snaps to the men who got dressed up for the occasion. My favorite outfit viewed was the suit. Or sport coat over vintage t-shirts. Sneakers or shine, the shoes would also complement the man’s mood. It was such a reprieve from the tight, open-till-down-there-its-disgusting style of the past year. To those who showed up in your office barong tagalogs, shame on you. You could have donned something more appropriate unless of course you just decided at the last minute to crash the party. Then again I know a few guy friends who did just that and they were still impeccably clad. You know who you are! Wink.

So do I go to the Black Seven party tonight or not? Do I have the strength or should I just curl up and get my work (aka. jobhunt/read my book/surf net/music meditation) done? I recoil at sight of Friday to Sunday line up in my planner. Oh dear. But I could still change my mind at the last minute – and will surely not show up in a barong. Bwahaha! Cornball comment.

Oh before I forget. Have to post the best line I’ve ever heard in ages. This came from Randy who’s here in Manila visiting from San Francisco: A brown booty is a thing of beauty. Ah yeah baby! Think the killah-pina will agree! I’m sure he’s getting tons of that in Boracay as we speak.
posted by maldita @ 8:00 AM  
 
 

she had eyes like two turntables mix(h)er in between my dreams and reality blend in ancient themes the bas(e)is of isis cross-faded to ankh the beat drops like a cliff over looking my heart - Saul Williams


MOOD METER
    today i'm feeling...The current mood of mescueta at www.imood.com
STATS
SNAP HAPPY
BLOGS & LOGS
LADY LINK
PREVIOUS POSTS
Archives
THANKS...

Powered by Blogger

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com 15n41n1