:: musings of a misfit ::: i miss you.
Monday, July 19, 2004
i miss you.
Remember the movie Orange County? Shaun (Colin Hanks) is speaking to the writer Marcus Skinner (Kevin Kline) about wanting to go to Stanford (i got to see it!) to be a good writer. But it is actually the conflict he feels while living in OC that brings his words to life. So he should stay there.Very nice rationale. Of course there are also other issues in the movie but that's another story.


It just helped me figure out why i didn't/couldn't write in San Francisco...because there WAS no conflict. But I never said i wanted to be a writer anyway.  I still got to take some beautiful pictures of seemingly mundane scenes, I got to create some artworks, i met so many interesting people, and found my place within the bustle. If you look at the number of blog entries i've put into since i got back to manila and you'll see my point.  I want to go back so badly.

Every channel i flicked through yesterday was belting the city back into my face. Orange County had some scenes in Stanford...Charmed was set in SF (saw a shot of Haight St. and some of the Mission District) and it has been prevalent in my dreams. Whether I like it or not. Mom mentioned that Dad wants us to go to Vancouver this holiday season. We're still trying to convince him of focusing more down south than that.

Did this entry make sense? i don't think so. my writing sucks lately. Limbo rock.
posted by maldita @ 8:27 PM  
 
 

she had eyes like two turntables mix(h)er in between my dreams and reality blend in ancient themes the bas(e)is of isis cross-faded to ankh the beat drops like a cliff over looking my heart - Saul Williams


MOOD METER
    today i'm feeling...The current mood of mescueta at www.imood.com
STATS
SNAP HAPPY
BLOGS & LOGS
LADY LINK
PREVIOUS POSTS
Archives
THANKS...

Powered by Blogger

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com 15n41n1