:: musings of a misfit ::
Thursday, October 02, 2003
it's really great to get in touch with my creative streak and senses...
last tuesday was the opening of my mom's art exhibit in Ayala Museum - and discovered the works of her friend, Ed Ramos. Maaan! his oil painting look just like exquisite black and white photographs! i find them absolutely amazing! i also got to talk to this guy at the exhibit about photography and we pretty much got into this continuous rapport about composition, preferred cameras, processes etc. I really want to start taking pictures again.

then yesterday i caught the photography book launching of Eduardo Morato. It was a veritable who's who in the art world with all the previous graduates of the Management of the Arts program of AIM. I have never heard Grace Nono perform but she took my breath away with the opening prayer chant. Whoa! Joey Ayala also performed and so did Ballet Philippines dancers. If any of you get a glimpse of the photos of EdMo you will be more taken by his inspiration than the shots themselves. I think that is the essence of their beauty...I could hear some people in the audience saying they could do the same shots but then - how come no one has? I'm still in shock as to how much the book cover print went for in the auction: 150K! for a slide print! it was a shot of the Mayon Volcano called Mayon By Moonlight. But i preferred the Firemill which was basically the reflection of a Windmill in water with a superimposed fire at the top and inverted. The colors and design of the water was so vivid. It was also great to bump into an old friend Mon again.

Later on in the evening I went to Ponti to catch a few drinks with Martin, Tals and Manito. Saw Jean and Titus who i haven't seen in like four years!...i love that couple! they're the sweetest! But what surprised me was that I had three lychee martinis, a number of kamikaze shots but I was STILL sober! so Marts and i got a few more drinks in aposento where we bumped into some more old friends. I also got to talk to Mike who isn't mad at me anymore. Thank God! geezus...i also got an offer from Caco to celebrate my birthday in APosento...yeah! sounds good to add to my hotel parteeee! Here i had three Sangrias and i was STILL sober! what da hell...ewan ko na talaga. ang wierd ng system ko! :P

i'll be leaving for a beach trip this saturday! woopeedoodee! will buy a new two-piece tomorrow so i'll have an even tan...no tan lines! :)
posted by maldita @ 2:21 AM  
 
 

she had eyes like two turntables mix(h)er in between my dreams and reality blend in ancient themes the bas(e)is of isis cross-faded to ankh the beat drops like a cliff over looking my heart - Saul Williams


MOOD METER
    today i'm feeling...The current mood of mescueta at www.imood.com
STATS
SNAP HAPPY
BLOGS & LOGS
LADY LINK
PREVIOUS POSTS
Archives
THANKS...

Powered by Blogger

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com 15n41n1