:: musings of a misfit ::
Sunday, September 28, 2003
Part 1 - Baguio entries
Actually written on September 24, 2003 4:35 PM

I have just rekindled my love for Baguio. We left at around past 4am last Monday morning. I was supposed to leave with the bus at 5:30am but went through a very distressful night. I went through so many personal issues and emotions that I couldn’t get any sleep. So I called my ever-faithful friends: Aris, Vince and Alex. They were leaving at around 4am and managed to make some space for me at the last minute. As the trip went on (we arrived at around 11am in Baguio) I knew I made the right decision. Alex had the other boys in the van, Boyet, Sagar, Mike, Pol, Gani and Fred. I rode with Vince, Alex and JV in the car. I also realized that my friends are such sweet and caring people. They are both maalaga and malambing. I usually find only one of those traits with other guys but with them, they sincerely and consistently show both. And I see it in the little things. Not major efforts, it’s just innate. I had to explain to Pia and Ria why I rode with the guys instead of with them on the bus – not just because I had to leave early but because these guys are really my pillars of strength. Especially since my recent issue had to do with a guy. And when I say “recent”…well let’s just say I had to deal with the issue at 3:30am. Just 30 minutes before we departed. If not for these friends’ support, hugs and acknowledgement that my decision was the right thing to do…I would probably be crying for the next few hours…or days.

Oh but let’s go to the event of the day…just as we reached Tarlac, three of us woke from our slumber just around 5 seconds before we caught sight of an accident on the road. In a split second we recognized one guy walking around the site…it was our classmate, Jerome. We immediately pulled over and noticed that there were around 3 of our friends’ cars around the truck that hit a post and tilted on the side of the road. It had hit their van and a man was pinned inside. It took around an hour to get him out, and everyone tried to contribute. We all felt somewhat responsible for the man…this is where I saw the unity of our batch. Everyone’s phones were ringing, alerting everyone in the bus and the other cars so that we could all help. You would also have seen the maturity and presence of mind that some of the guys had. You realize that all the Emotional Intelligence that AIM had been trying to drill into our heads was really already ingrained. And it did not take some major corporate dilemma for you to discover it. It had to be a very sensitive, moral and human event. Our dean and teachers who had taken their own cars were also alerted, but it was noticeable that they did not need to do much. The students were independent and responsible enough to handle it all but they were just informed of what everyone was already doing. Some people took pictures for the police report etc., they went to the precinct to file the accident, others accompanied the man to the hospital, others took extra passengers. I never told anyone during the trip but this all brought a tear to my eye. I was so proud of my friends and classmates. I can’t help but admire them so much.
posted by maldita @ 11:01 AM  
 
 

she had eyes like two turntables mix(h)er in between my dreams and reality blend in ancient themes the bas(e)is of isis cross-faded to ankh the beat drops like a cliff over looking my heart - Saul Williams


MOOD METER
    today i'm feeling...The current mood of mescueta at www.imood.com
STATS
SNAP HAPPY
BLOGS & LOGS
LADY LINK
PREVIOUS POSTS
Archives
THANKS...

Powered by Blogger

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com 15n41n1