:: musings of a misfit ::: reality check.
Thursday, April 21, 2005
reality check.
I don’t think anyone would appreciate being used. The whole notion pertains to summing up one’s significance with what they can give and not who they are. I mention this because that’s how I feel at this point. There are guys who just contact me when they’ve called their preferred company and got turned down. Or they want to expand their social circle through my network. Or they want to meet my girls who they can date thus feigning that they really want to be closer friends with me.

It isn’t that easy to detect at the onset, but in due time I’ve come to grasp what their intentions are and I have no fucking patience to put up with it. I think what bothers me most is that they pretend to be someone else. Look, if you guys just want a date with one of my friends or you need someone to watch your back on a certain night, then just damn say so. Don’t pretend you want some deeper friendship with me only to forget to call me as soon as you get what you want. Just lay those stupid cards on the table. I’ll still help anyway, but at least expectations are managed to a realistic level.

Lying comes in all forms. Bullshit in even more.And for some to think that I am stupid enough to continue believing them are sadly mistaken. Assholes and jerks are not limited to just people you date. I could be using my valuable time, advice and effort for those who deserve it more.

Picture this - you run to me when you need something and i help in whatever way i can because we are friends. but there are those who never call when they are having a good day and would like to share. Am i just a sponge for all the shit you have? Do i look like a friggin toilet?

I also remember a conversation with Debbie a long time ago about how girls usually neglect their friends when a new boy comes along. I accept it but I don’t tolerate it for obvious reasons. You can expect that these girls are the last on my list of priorities when a boy does enter my life. But there are those deserving individuals who are at a level above and beyond any potential partner of mine. This is carried over to the inadequate statement that “we’re just friends”. How can you rate friendship as less than a romantic tryst when it is supposed to be more resilient of the toll that time bereaves on any interaction? Maybe if you treat it that way then you have the wrong concept of what a friend is. And news flash, both genders are guilty of vilifying friendship but just with their own diverse approaches.
posted by maldita @ 9:17 PM  
 
 

she had eyes like two turntables mix(h)er in between my dreams and reality blend in ancient themes the bas(e)is of isis cross-faded to ankh the beat drops like a cliff over looking my heart - Saul Williams


MOOD METER
    today i'm feeling...The current mood of mescueta at www.imood.com
STATS
SNAP HAPPY
BLOGS & LOGS
LADY LINK
PREVIOUS POSTS
Archives
THANKS...

Powered by Blogger

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com 15n41n1