:: musings of a misfit ::: be a lucky lady tonight
Thursday, April 28, 2005
be a lucky lady tonight
The past two weeks have been chock-full of events hosted by my company – brand launches, store launches, the works. Most of you have been invited but your loss for not showing up. There were freebies, festivities and buzz – both the bubbly and the beso-beso types.


lee, donna and me at the Zirh Launch April 21 @ Rockwell

And I have to appreciate being single because I have my pick among my gorgeous guy friends as to who can be my date to what. And I had two of the best of them. Without even a need for romantic involvement. Lucky me.

At the My Beauty Hub launch in 6750 last week I had Topsy around who a lot of the ladies and wished-they-were-ladies all fawned over. The whole evening they gave me the twinkling eye and the thumbs up for bringing such an adorable guy. It sucks that we didn’t get a picture together. We followed the evening with a late dinner at Yaku but I had already been plastered with about six glasses of sparkling champagne.

Then last week, at the Zirh launch in Rockwell I was with Hans. It helped that we had planned our wardrobe early on since it called for a Rat Pack theme (Attire: the real gentleman) and he was so willing and able. I didn’t tell many of my officemates that he was coming but to the few who knew, they were excited as hell. To quote one girl’s comment – he’s so yummy, I’m going to eat him all up! Haha hilarious. I think either this guy watched Hitch or he just has it entrenched as to what makes up good company for a girl. Not sticking too close at all times, but still keeping a visual. Being amiable at every introduction but not trying too hard. Actually take in and notice the event details to appreciate the work done. It also helps to have a sharp wit to fill up spaces with laughter and clever comments.


with hans and rod @ Zirh Launch

Topsy and Debbie (who had dibs on the date this time around) also followed. You can tell when the girls from my office feel comfortable or like one of my friends. Since they had met him the last function, they greeted topsy with so much warmth and welcome. This time around I was sloshed with a couple of huge glasses of Johnny Walker.

Well we don’t have any more events jotted on my calendar in the next week so I think I can breathe now. Even if it hasn’t been for my own brands, the tension is unavoidable. But like I already said, having had the perfect gentlemen as my dates made them so worth it. It’s such a wonder they’re still both single. Hurry girls get ‘em while they’re hot! Haha! Now I wonder who I should take to that wedding next month…
posted by maldita @ 8:45 PM  
 
 

she had eyes like two turntables mix(h)er in between my dreams and reality blend in ancient themes the bas(e)is of isis cross-faded to ankh the beat drops like a cliff over looking my heart - Saul Williams


MOOD METER
    today i'm feeling...The current mood of mescueta at www.imood.com
STATS
SNAP HAPPY
BLOGS & LOGS
LADY LINK
PREVIOUS POSTS
Archives
THANKS...

Powered by Blogger

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com 15n41n1