:: musings of a misfit ::: shooting blanks
Sunday, November 14, 2004
shooting blanks
i've been too vulnerable to write here...so many thoughts and topics but i'm just left with nada.zip.zero. and i received this advice:

Quickie: Where's your sense of humor these days? Get back in touch with your funny side.
Overview: Most of the time, you have a battle plan -- at least one. Now, however, you'll be operating totally on impulse, and loving every minute of it. Just try to be a tiny bit careful. A tiny bit.

But I haven't been careful. I let myself slip. Just when i thought i was making progress with regeneration...i made a mistake. Oh well, as they say - you may be back to square one but nowhere to go but up.

I spent the past two days clearing my thoughts while driving my car along the streets of Makati. Now i know why so many people enjoy getting behind the wheel. After a good self-depracating session with my mind this afternoon, i just got in my benny boy and sped off until the sun went down. I've been driving around alot lately but tonight was the first time i really got to use my headlights. I may be sad now but tomorrow is another day.

The paint’s peeling off the streets again and I drive and I close my eyes in Michigan.
And I feel nothing, not brave.
It’s a hard day for breathing again….
The heat is chasing off all your friends
And their scattered bodies part to the shore again.
And I feel nothing, not sane.
It’s a hard day for dreaming again….
I’m not going back to the assholes that made me
And the perfect display of random acts of hopelessness.
I wish I could stay here but I think we’re all ready.
I think we’re all ready….
And I feel nothing, not safe.
It’s a hard day for dreaming again….

Now that you’ve seen almost all of America, all you can say is, “where is all the water?”
And the war has been over for years since you gave up.
And last night, where the road had started
And last night, when my hands were choking you.
Last night, when the room and your mood was dipping
And last night, when the ropes were pulling you in….
You said, “Hey, how could you love me this way?”
You said, “Hey, I think we’re all ready….”
I think we’re all ready.
- "Paint's Peeling" by Rilo Kiley
posted by maldita @ 5:58 AM  
 
 

she had eyes like two turntables mix(h)er in between my dreams and reality blend in ancient themes the bas(e)is of isis cross-faded to ankh the beat drops like a cliff over looking my heart - Saul Williams


MOOD METER
    today i'm feeling...The current mood of mescueta at www.imood.com
STATS
SNAP HAPPY
BLOGS & LOGS
LADY LINK
PREVIOUS POSTS
Archives
THANKS...

Powered by Blogger

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com 15n41n1