:: musings of a misfit ::: daily doses
Friday, August 13, 2004
daily doses
feel like i've been such a bad friend to this journal. i haven't really been writing but its for a good reason: i can't open up the way i used to anymore. There are just too many involved individuals that will get affected by my perceptions and brutal shit that its better to just shut up. This has become more like a public newspaper of my life with "responsible journalism" than an outlet for incumbent emotions and much-needed release. So i've gone back to my real journal. the written word with a traditional pen and paper. It could also be because i finally found one i can keep - bought it in Citylights Bookstore with a hard back and bright silver letters that depict how insane my mind could be. If i just let it. I think of it like a Pandora's box where i can hide.

Sometimes there are things better left unsaid. I had this misconception that to reveal memories and thoughts would help them last longer. Wrong. They should be kept within the privacy of the people involved. Then they can dip into that well to fish out a few smiles or inside jokes that could last a lifetime. Instead of draining it to emptiness. So now i take back the answers i gave all those who asked me "why do you keep a blog?". i changed my mind.

This doesn't mean i'm going to close this blog...maybe someday i'll find the guts to write again. But for now, let's just leave the voyeuristic internet for my opinions on movies, songs, daily routines and excerpts.

I read three books last week:
- The Fuck-up by Arthur Nersesian
- Dance Dance Dance by Haruki Murakami
- Olivia Joules and The Overactive Imagination by Helen Fielding
all very entertaining and i highly recommend them. Haha, im obviously not good enough to give a more descrip review - i'll leave that to the smarter, well-read guys like Ramon and Martin. Started reading about 5 pages into Life of Pi but it hasn't captured me enough to allow me to finish as quickly as the others. Visited the Manila Book Fair with Martin yesterday and as usual, he provided me with enough recommendations to last me the next few months. Next purchase will be Umberto Eco's The Name of The Rose. Hmm have to remember to get his recommended list before he departs. sniff. will really miss my good buddy.

Aside from all this, have just been busy with the jobhunt, meetings with headhunters, preparing grant application for Bloodlines docu and practicing my driving. You get the picture. wink wink.
posted by maldita @ 2:20 AM  
 
 

she had eyes like two turntables mix(h)er in between my dreams and reality blend in ancient themes the bas(e)is of isis cross-faded to ankh the beat drops like a cliff over looking my heart - Saul Williams


MOOD METER
    today i'm feeling...The current mood of mescueta at www.imood.com
STATS
SNAP HAPPY
BLOGS & LOGS
LADY LINK
PREVIOUS POSTS
Archives
THANKS...

Powered by Blogger

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com 15n41n1