:: musings of a misfit ::: Good communication is as stimulating as black coffee, and just as hard to sleep after. - Anne Morrow Lindbergh
Thursday, July 15, 2004
Good communication is as stimulating as black coffee, and just as hard to sleep after. - Anne Morrow Lindbergh
Had so much japanese food today...but it's all good.
Started off with lunch at Jumbo Japs where had a pretty long and inspiring conversation with my tita Ethel - of whom i have the most affection for. Her gentle demeanor never ceases to amaze me. We discussed the plans for Bloodlines and gave me good advice. It was also nice to see my cousin Macky back, all happy and content as opposed to the sadness that surrounded him when we had coffee in the US. It really all depends on where you find your home.

I was still hung over from the previous evening --> Picked up cristina from work, a little window shopping before gorging on asian food in Temple. The weather was warm but pleasant. Later when debbie joined us we decided to go to Nuvo for old times sake. Three girls on the town once more. See, this is where we started hanging out together about a year ago. Three single sisters who gravitated to each other by some fortunate coincidence. Of course, we had to go home (aka Capones)as our last stop - and it was Ane's birthday! yay! had so much free booze from different people i think i ended up consuming 8 glasses made up of six currant 7s and two rum cokes. owww...
oh and lest i forget to re-state this: Caco is my favorite!hahahahahaha! just kidding, martin ;)

which brings me back to today. I don't know if it was the oil from the food or the relaxing rain that made me pass out in slumber for the rest of the day. The weather tonight was good though. The rains brought a cold breeze that always gives me a nostalgic mood surrounded by sighs and sky stares. I had dinner with frances, sonny and victor in Sugi. Aah tons of ebi tempura, tofu steak, sushi and sashimi galore. I thought it was really sweet of them to treat us...just because i had returned home. Hadn't seen victor since about a week before i left Manila and it was great to joke and chat with him again.

So i guess even with just a few hours of consciousness, i feel like i had a full day. quality not quantity, for sure.

I just started looking through all my old posts and its funny to read them now. turning back to exactly a year ago...especially this one. do those lines sound familiar? but it is just amazing how much can change in just a year.
posted by maldita @ 9:22 AM  
 
 

she had eyes like two turntables mix(h)er in between my dreams and reality blend in ancient themes the bas(e)is of isis cross-faded to ankh the beat drops like a cliff over looking my heart - Saul Williams


MOOD METER
    today i'm feeling...The current mood of mescueta at www.imood.com
STATS
SNAP HAPPY
BLOGS & LOGS
LADY LINK
PREVIOUS POSTS
Archives
THANKS...

Powered by Blogger

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com 15n41n1