:: musings of a misfit ::
Wednesday, January 07, 2004
almost forgot to post my hongkong entries...

What is it about the holidays that gets us so sentimental and tearing like skinsheets of onions? Is it because tis the season for gifts and hugs and kisses from loved ones? But we have so many relatives and friends that we can hardly keep track! Is it the fact that December brings mediocre work days and numerous parties galore that now is the time to ponder at your past year only to result in an empty hand and an embrace of air.

I feel bad for friends who have to go through these days with heavy hearts. And I pity those who don’t appreciate their present situations. Some forget how it is to be lonely that they become insensitive to those who are still smarting from wounds that haven’t healed. It is during this season that I recall the mounds of mush and tissue that encompass movies such as Sleepless in seattle, Someone Like You, and When Harry met Sally. Remember the new year’s countdowns they had to endure?

My theory is that cold weather makes matter weaker. Like ice that can crack a safe with the tap of a hammer, it leaves you brittle and vulnerable to even just a few notes from “Chestnuts roasting on an open fire”. So as I write this in chilly Hongkong weather…I wonder. I still do not have a hand to hold yet I manage. My rationale is why start something now in Manila only to say goodbye when I leave the country next year? It has worked well for me in the past year to make decisions based on my own plan and not be influenced by someone else’s presence. Ok, maybe a few variations can be made. Though admittedly I cannot wait to get back to sunny Manila and roast in front of the open (sun) fire. Besides Valentine’s Day is coming up. Need all the warmth I can get. Maybe we should plan the beach trip as soon as now.
posted by maldita @ 9:11 AM  
 
 

she had eyes like two turntables mix(h)er in between my dreams and reality blend in ancient themes the bas(e)is of isis cross-faded to ankh the beat drops like a cliff over looking my heart - Saul Williams


MOOD METER
    today i'm feeling...The current mood of mescueta at www.imood.com
STATS
SNAP HAPPY
BLOGS & LOGS
LADY LINK
PREVIOUS POSTS
Archives
THANKS...

Powered by Blogger

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com 15n41n1