:: musings of a misfit ::
Monday, November 24, 2003
written this morning at around 2am
For the first time in 27 years, i baked a bad batch of oatmeal cookies. I can't believe it. But it happened today. I was supposed to give some to my bastard today when i saw him but i mistakenly put too much salt and the new oven didn't bake it the same way as the old one. Dammit! My surprise was ruined. I even went to the grocery on saturday just to get all the ingredients. Hey, if i wasn't going to see him, my classmates wouldn've been thrilled Monday during the poetry reading to engulf them all. I'll just buy them some Santi's yummies to go with the wine.

I'm swearing off men for a while. THERE i said it. Ok, i know some of you are going "nigga pleeeez!" as you read this but i've been thinking about it for a few weeks now. But i've done this before. Like an addict saying: i can quit anytime!but humor me. Amidst all this hopeless or hopeful romantic notions i've been deluding myself in for the past few months with bastard, ain't it time to just call it quits? next thing you know i'm singing "i'll never fall in love again" by Dionne Warwick in the background. Better than me humming to "Wishin and Hopin'" by Dusty Springfield right?

Since we're using all these songs...let me see...i've been living "I can't make you love me" duet by George Michael and Elton John for the past few weeks when he would probably say my song should be "Kissing a fool".

too many references...i'm going to bed.

you are far, when i could have been your star
you listen to people who scared you to death
and from my heart
strange that you were strong enough to even make a start
you'll never find a peace of mind till you listen to your heart

people you can never change the way they feel
better let them do just what they will,for they will
if you let them steal your heart from you
people will always make a lover feel a fool
but you knew i loved you.
we could have shown them all
we should have seen love through.

fooled me with the tears in your eyes
covered with kisses and lies
so bye but please don't take my heart
you are far, i'm never gonna be your star
i'll pick up the pieces and mend my heart
strange that i was wrong enough
to think that you'd love me too
you must've been kissing a fool

but remember this every other kiss
that you'll ever give s'long as we both will live
when you need a hand, or another man
when you really can't surrender it
i will wait for you like i always do
there's something there
that can't compare with any other

strange that i was wrong enough
to think you'd love me too
you must've been kissing a fool.
posted by maldita @ 12:27 AM  
 
 

she had eyes like two turntables mix(h)er in between my dreams and reality blend in ancient themes the bas(e)is of isis cross-faded to ankh the beat drops like a cliff over looking my heart - Saul Williams


MOOD METER
    today i'm feeling...The current mood of mescueta at www.imood.com
STATS
SNAP HAPPY
BLOGS & LOGS
LADY LINK
PREVIOUS POSTS
Archives
THANKS...

Powered by Blogger

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com 15n41n1