:: musings of a misfit ::: sweetest thing.
Monday, September 19, 2005
sweetest thing.
i don't think i would have lasted the latter part of yesterday's evening without frank, jay, caco and gerry. they gave the reassurance that i can't rely on myself or any reluctant bastard to give.

but i had one request from some friends not to underestimate my own doubt and daily reality check. I know. And I think my own self-depracation is enough that I don't need THAT kind of validation. I know the signs, i know the indicators. I know. I also know you mean well...which is why i had to tell you straight last night. That it hurts when you keep reminding me. Just like my relationship with the deliberate bastard a few years ago...i know what i'm doing.

And not to worry. My life has not stopped. My life still goes on. And more often than not, I am still happy.

My love, she throws me like a rubber ball
But she won't catch me or break my fall.
Baby's got blue skies up ahead
But in this, I'm a raincloud
You know she wants a dry kind of love.

I wanted to run, but she made me crawl
(Oh, the sweetest thing.)
Eternal fire, she turned me to straw.
I know I got black eyes
But they burn so brightly for her
I guess it's a blind kind of love.

Blue-eyed boy meets a brown-eyed girl.
You can sew it up, but you still see the tear.
Baby's got blue skies up ahead
But in this, I'm a rain-cloud,
Ours is a stormy kind of love.


Sweetest Thing by U2
posted by maldita @ 11:32 PM  
 
 

she had eyes like two turntables mix(h)er in between my dreams and reality blend in ancient themes the bas(e)is of isis cross-faded to ankh the beat drops like a cliff over looking my heart - Saul Williams


MOOD METER
    today i'm feeling...The current mood of mescueta at www.imood.com
STATS
SNAP HAPPY
BLOGS & LOGS
LADY LINK
PREVIOUS POSTS
Archives
THANKS...

Powered by Blogger

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com 15n41n1