:: musings of a misfit ::: tan-tan-tanaaaah!
Thursday, March 17, 2005
tan-tan-tanaaaah!
i finally tried the Shiseido self-tanner and i must say i am now addicted! of course there is a bit of hassle since you need someone to apply it on your back and bum...and you wait for around half an hour naked as the day you were born to let your skin absorb it. being the busy bee that I am, i chose to use the time standing while typing away in my keyboard. The tan in my bod came out even but I applied more on my lower half so it is now tantalizingly tan. I have to reapply on the rest of me this weekend. it's hilarious when you think of the things we girls do for our quirky needs.

A lot has changed since I started working and have been exposed to all the beauty stuff. So much pampering and "fluffing", as i call it. It was a bit of a culture shock for me being more comfortable with a quick low-maintenance lifestyle but it has been for the better. I think tons of friends have complained about my sucky watch (but it glows in the dark so i can tell time when i'm drunk!), and my ever-expanding wardrobe of black. I recall even a guy i met in SF last year told me "do you only wear black?" unfortunatel yes. Scorpio siren honey, i luv black! hehe.

So now what has changed? after several dinners with girl friends, these things were pointed out to me:
- i now know how to do the smokey eye look
- my skin looks even better than before (thanks to the regimen of cleanser, softener and moisturizer!)
- there are days when you will not see a single black piece of clothing on me
- i can tell the difference between a cream and emulsion
- i know the advantages of the more expensive eyeshadows compared to cheaper brands (from experience!)
- i've been experimenting with a lot of color as a whole

all these things lead to more inherent improvements such as knowing that there is no such thing as not having time to take care of yourself. Pampering can only enhance a more energetic disposition. I've even helped a friend get addicted to his sample of Phytomer Shaving Mask. Can you imagine enjoying shaving your face each time? Aaah the everyday luxuries.

Overall...my best friends have said that they have not heard this spunk in my voice for about five years. That's a damn long time! but we're all glad the old me is back . Thanks to the new me.
posted by maldita @ 9:09 PM  
 
 

she had eyes like two turntables mix(h)er in between my dreams and reality blend in ancient themes the bas(e)is of isis cross-faded to ankh the beat drops like a cliff over looking my heart - Saul Williams


MOOD METER
    today i'm feeling...The current mood of mescueta at www.imood.com
STATS
SNAP HAPPY
BLOGS & LOGS
LADY LINK
PREVIOUS POSTS
Archives
THANKS...

Powered by Blogger

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com 15n41n1