:: musings of a misfit ::: i only sound bitter...
Monday, February 14, 2005
i only sound bitter...
ok let me state a fact: i never liked valentines day. I think it is the most pressured and un-enjoyable holiday. I thought in my earlier years that it was simply because i had no one to share it with romantically. Then i had boyfriends who...just left me very disappointed. It's not entirely their fault. This occasion just has too much damn pressure to do something special when all you will encounter are hours stuck in traffic or waiting for your order to come because the waitstaff cannot handle the number of tables. How many of you with partners have felt frustrated because your whole office knows you are in a relationship but didn't receive anything? looozah! sucks doesn't it?

BUT i think my dad - probably the least romantic and least expressive man in my life - has the day summed up better than most. Like i already said, he says he doesn't want to feign romance. It's just too fake and my mom has known this before she married him and through the next (almost) thirty years after. He thinks that valentines is basically about LOVE not romance. And the people he loves the most are us: The whole family. So we celebrate it together. Makes more sense to me!

So tonight we all have a date for a scrumptuous steak dinner, watching cartoon network and taunting each other with shallow jokes...at home.
posted by maldita @ 1:42 AM  
 
 

she had eyes like two turntables mix(h)er in between my dreams and reality blend in ancient themes the bas(e)is of isis cross-faded to ankh the beat drops like a cliff over looking my heart - Saul Williams


MOOD METER
    today i'm feeling...The current mood of mescueta at www.imood.com
STATS
SNAP HAPPY
BLOGS & LOGS
LADY LINK
PREVIOUS POSTS
Archives
THANKS...

Powered by Blogger

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com 15n41n1