:: musings of a misfit ::: Stone cold.
Monday, November 29, 2004
Stone cold.

i was all set to diss the movie Alexander here but after spewing "what a crock of shit" for the past few hours I am exhausted. Let me just summarize my opinion - great cast, sucky script and non-imaginative director. It makes me long for Ridley Scott's genius again. But you gotta take the good with the bad if only to spot the difference, at least within the limits of your own perspective.

I thought Braveheart, the Gladiator and The Passion were great epic films. Troy was uh...good enough but not great. Alexander is...oh gosh, here i go again...where do i start? aaaaaaugh. that's three hours of our lives gone into oblivion. Aside from rewriting history with his own fiction, Stone couldn't even come up with a better story or a better way of telling it...You had the tools used by epic directors of old. You had an awesome cast. And yet you blew it. Where was the talent I saw in Wallstreet? Ah, so sad.

Good thing there's the National Geographic special on Alexander. I assume that will be more entertaining. Actually, i'm sure of that.

posted by maldita @ 9:42 AM  
 
 

she had eyes like two turntables mix(h)er in between my dreams and reality blend in ancient themes the bas(e)is of isis cross-faded to ankh the beat drops like a cliff over looking my heart - Saul Williams


MOOD METER
    today i'm feeling...The current mood of mescueta at www.imood.com
STATS
SNAP HAPPY
BLOGS & LOGS
LADY LINK
PREVIOUS POSTS
Archives
THANKS...

Powered by Blogger

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com 15n41n1