:: musings of a misfit ::: no one is to blame
Tuesday, September 21, 2004
no one is to blame

i did my "cleanup" last night. After reading Blankets by Craig Thompson I decided it was time to save the space from all the individual boyfriend boxes and place them all into one. More like saying goodbye to the past and white-washing the walls. Instead of the expected tearjerking trip down memory lane, i found more delightful surprises from my preceding years. I didn't realize how much my exes loved me then - in their own sweet ways. Almost all are avid travellers that each one had sent me at least one postcard from their trips. Miguel gave me little sentimental gifts, Martin F. wrote me the most number of cards for no reason except to express his affections and gratitude that i had been in his life, had a large file on Joey filled with little notes, stuffed toys, flowers, thoughtful gestures, news articles among others. It's just sad that the biggest collection of sentiment had been lost in oblivion - Karl's. there are some others that i refrain to mention anymore but they're all now in my box too.

I spent a good few hours smiling and giggling while reading and re-discovering who they were and why I had the great fortune of being with these sweethearts for a moment in time.

So i would not really advise people to throw or burn mementos after a bad (or good) breakup. What for? after a few years, it's usually what helps remind you that they were and still are good people who truly loved and cared for you...then. Life has a way of changing things but it's nobody's fault. Proof of which is my close friendship with all of them - save for two.
posted by maldita @ 8:04 AM  
 
 

she had eyes like two turntables mix(h)er in between my dreams and reality blend in ancient themes the bas(e)is of isis cross-faded to ankh the beat drops like a cliff over looking my heart - Saul Williams


MOOD METER
    today i'm feeling...The current mood of mescueta at www.imood.com
STATS
SNAP HAPPY
BLOGS & LOGS
LADY LINK
PREVIOUS POSTS
Archives
THANKS...

Powered by Blogger

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com 15n41n1