:: musings of a misfit ::
Tuesday, July 22, 2003
i'm having a discussion with a friend now about how difficult it is to enjoy the company of people who are just plain boring...well, maybe not really boring but more like...have you ever been out with a person and have nothing to talk about? you're racking your brain figuring out what the hell you can talk about and it's just too much effort. Duuh. I used to make the effort but now it's more like - forget it. Ayaw mo di wag. I just shut up.

I once set up two friends together and the girl really liked the guy. But when i asked the guy if he'd ask her out again he said no. Why? for that very same reason: he had to think of topics to talk about. Or else he could meditate for the next couple of hours. She was really interested in him though. So what the hell was the problem? They just don't fit, i guess. Funny though. I talk to both of them and there's never a lack of interest or an exertion of effort.

I was in a relationship where we couldn't talk about anything. Of course when he was courting (when was that?) me he was all interesting and interested. Then when we got together total dead silence in the car. don't get me wrong, i like comfortable silences. But that was just wierd. I once told my dad "when i'm with my boyfriend i'm ok because then i have time to meditate." i am not kidding.

I'm a pretty talkative person. I can talk about anything under the sun. So if i shut up...friends know there's either something wrong, i'm in another place or i'm just plain bored. And i hate boredom. Pet peeve.
posted by maldita @ 10:07 AM  
 
 

she had eyes like two turntables mix(h)er in between my dreams and reality blend in ancient themes the bas(e)is of isis cross-faded to ankh the beat drops like a cliff over looking my heart - Saul Williams


MOOD METER
    today i'm feeling...The current mood of mescueta at www.imood.com
STATS
SNAP HAPPY
BLOGS & LOGS
LADY LINK
PREVIOUS POSTS
Archives
THANKS...

Powered by Blogger

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com 15n41n1