:: musings of a misfit ::
Sunday, June 01, 2003
i have this wierd feeling right now. don't really understand it but i can say i'm happy.

just spent the evening with a friend. went shopping in Podium and had dinner in Cafe Briton. We were both not in the mood to go home yet so decided to go to Chef and Brewer in Ortigas. Enjoyed a few drinks (sunday night! somehow it didn't feel like a Sunday) and great conversation. i've known this person for around nine years (we counted it)...can't say there's a few people who know me that long and that well.

Ironically, my horoscope today said this:
Sun Jun. 1, 2003 by Astrocenter.com
Current planetary energies help build a bridge between you and someone special. You may not have had a lot of chances to get together and just talk..."

Though i can't say my horoscope is that accurate. I think the purpose was just to keep me with a positive attitude. Nevertheless, it's kinda ironic how everyone became single at almost the same time as me. It's as if fate put me and all my old friends together again. Or their presence at this moment has a purpose. Like today, my friend came at the right time. I needed some cheering up tonight and it sure worked.

I've always remembered someone telling me a very very long time ago: what if you died tomorrow...would you be ok with that? I admired him for that kind of positive attitude. he says that if you are content with what you have done with your life then you are confident that you can die anytime. There's no sense living in tomorrow. Do what you can now because it's the only time you have. That's not just a saying that you put on the wall or talk about. I see him live it everyday and it's pretty inspiring.

I haven't yet fulfilled my goal of organizing one day sometime around Christmas (because that's when you think that everyone who loves you will remember you, and these people have no one left) to get people together to spend the day with these old people. They don't need gifts or anything, what they need are people who will just listen and talk to them for a few hours, even days. That's always been close to my heart. Maybe now that i've written about it, I can finally get it done this year. =)
posted by maldita @ 12:28 PM  
 
 

she had eyes like two turntables mix(h)er in between my dreams and reality blend in ancient themes the bas(e)is of isis cross-faded to ankh the beat drops like a cliff over looking my heart - Saul Williams


MOOD METER
    today i'm feeling...The current mood of mescueta at www.imood.com
STATS
SNAP HAPPY
BLOGS & LOGS
LADY LINK
PREVIOUS POSTS
Archives
THANKS...

Powered by Blogger

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com 15n41n1