:: musings of a misfit ::
Saturday, May 31, 2003
my week has had a pretty good ending...=)
after getting sick last tuesday and wednesday, i bolted by thursday night. Went out with someone who turns out to be the brother of a friend! (does this sound like a blind item?haha). We had dinner at Rastro at 7:30 and unknowingly stayed until 11pm! of course that included a few drinks and enjoying the indoors while the rain was pouring outside.

Last night was also excellente! presented to the marketing director till around 7:30pm and i don't think i botched that up naman. it went pretty well. have lots to do on monday though. I'm really liking my job here. THen met up with my officemates in Rockwell for a few drinks and then time for a little shopping...went home to change so that another friend could pick me up to go out.

Went to greenbelt and as usual temple was packed. So he suggested Nuvo instead. We had a couple of drinks and remembered the time pre-bf when we'd hang out together in the park or in my house. He's been in my life since i was in college and has always been a fixture no matter who i'm with. Except with my last one. We had a talk about it and agreed not to see or talk to each other anymore. THat was really sad for me but he was really understanding...anyway, seeing my old friend again made me realize how happy i am being single and i can just do anything i want, be there for any of my friends anytime and not have any restrictions.

We went to temple afterwards and...it reminded us of how Venetia was just as full, but this time we didn't know anyone! I guess in our ehem "younger" days we knew everyone who went out! but when you reach a certain age - past all the reputation, tsismis, whispers - you appreciate anonymity. It's more liberating actually.

But we still saw a lot of people. A lot of my friends from every corner of my life was out and apparently knew him too. So it was fun seeing the smiles on everyone's faces. God! one friend even commented how cute he was and if he was single! haha...guess i can set him up on a date soon.

Tonight will be relax night. having dinner with friends and maybe catch a movie. I'm going out again tomorrow. Do you realize that Sunday is the day you like spending with your significant other? for two years i had no one to spend Sunday with. He was always asleep. Lonely relationship, i know. Isn't it ironic now that i'm single, I have no Sunday free anymore? such is life.
posted by maldita @ 12:35 AM  
 
 

she had eyes like two turntables mix(h)er in between my dreams and reality blend in ancient themes the bas(e)is of isis cross-faded to ankh the beat drops like a cliff over looking my heart - Saul Williams


MOOD METER
    today i'm feeling...The current mood of mescueta at www.imood.com
STATS
SNAP HAPPY
BLOGS & LOGS
LADY LINK
PREVIOUS POSTS
Archives
THANKS...

Powered by Blogger

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com 15n41n1